There are over a dozen of 3d Printing equipment manufacturers and hundreds of 3d Printing suppliers
Which type of equipment is best for the material and configuration of your part?
- Is the raw material (powder) available for that equipment?
- What properties does the powder contain and will those properties allow it to meet final expected properties of the product (with or without post processing)?
A ‘printed’ part typically needs post processing (ie: Heat Treat, HIP, etc.) to meet the desired mechanical properties
- What is the recipe? The recipe for the properties you desire is not the same recipe with traditional raw materials
Printed surface tolerances vary by equipment, raw materials, and size of part
- How much material is needed on a surface to meet the final tolerance requirement?
- How much material is needed to allow for shrinkage or movement during heat treat or HIP?