Product forms include loose gas atomized metal powders, billet, hollow and multi-dimensional forged bar, cold finished bar, strip and plate, and wire and rod. Amega West produces precision machined drilling components for the oil and gas industry. Visit the Alloy TechZone and register for access to a comprehensive, searchable database of alloy data.
Carpenter Technology Corporation is organized under two divisions, Specialty Alloys Operations and Performance Engineered Products:
Specialty Alloys Operations
Embracing best-in-class manufacturing practices, Carpenter’s SAO facilities in the United States, Europe and Asia provide customers cast/wrought stainless steels, high temperature (nickel, iron and cobalt-base) superalloys, high-strength steels, magnetic and controlled expansion alloys, and tool and die steels in long product form. SAO also provides related services including contract manufacturing, conversion of customer-owned alloys, and the manufacture of custom parts and tooling components to your most exacting requirements.
SAO Business Units:
- Bar – develops and manufactures a broad range of stainless steels, high strength alloy steels, medical alloys, bearing steels, valve steels, tool and die steels, and other specialty grades in round, hexagonal and special shaped long-product bar products.
- Forged Bar and Billet (FBB) – develops and manufactures high temperature superalloys, stainless steels, superior corrosion resistant alloys and other specialty grades in large-diameter round, flat, multi-dimensional and hollow bar and other mill forms.
- Wire – develops, manufactures, and supplies a broad range of quality specialty alloys in hot rod and cold finished round and shaped wire forms.
- Strip and Plate – develops and manufactures premium high temperature alloys, magnetic alloys, controlled expansion alloys, and other specialty grades in precision narrow strip, plate and flat bar forms.
Performance Engineered Products
Carpenter operates several businesses within the PEP division to meet the specialty materials needs of a changing world. Products and related services include the manufacture of titanium alloys and metal powders, complex components for directional drilling equipment, and distribution of a variety of metallic alloys in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
PEP Business Units:
- Amega West Services is a manufacturer and service provider of complex machined components for drilling, exploration, completions and production equipment. The acquisition has expanded Carpenter’s portfolio of target applications in a fast-growing oil and gas market. Amega West provides sales, rentals and repair services throughout 11 locations in the United States, Canada, Singapore and United Arab Emirates.
- Carpenter Powder Products (CPP) is one of the world’s most versatile producers of specialty alloys in the form of gas atomized spherical loose powders and consolidated powder metallurgy products. With a state-of-the-art powder metallurgy research and development facility, Carpenter Powder Products leads the way as a powder supplier for metal injection molding and hot isostatic pressing processes.
- Dynamet Inc.is a leading domestic and international supplier of titanium alloy products for the aerospace, medical, consumer products, motor sports and recreation equipment industries. Its wire, bar, fine wire, strip and shaped products have been used for applications requiring superior corrosion resistance, light weight, strength and biocompatibility.
- Carpenter Distribution provides a broad range of stainless, specialty and tool steels from several facilities in North and South America.