Mechanical Engineer needed for growing Innovative company in Columbia, SC!
An exciting innovative early stage company servicing local and global clients in the manufacturing space is growing. Our company has some of the top names in the industry as partners and the list keeps growing.
We are excited to be seeking a full-time Mechanical Engineer to lead design and engineering in the, Columbia, SC area. This person will have an immediate impact on our business. This is an onsite opportunity out of our office in Columbia, SC. The person we interview and hire right away will be primarily responsible for designing CAD files, reviewing designs for manufacturability and provide expert guidance to sales engineering and contract engineering.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to meet manufacturing requirements (DFM)
- Troubleshoot and determine corrective measures for prototype designs
- Work with existing customers to scope and qualify injection molding projects
- Team with design engineering group to ensure that all aspects of new product introductions, and changes to existing products, are properly communicated to production personnel
- Interface with various departments in coordinating technical information relating to specific projects or regarding quality issues
- Other duties as required
- BS Degree in Engineering-Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechatronics, or MET
- Must have 2+ years of hands on experience in a plastic injection molding manufacturing environment
- Must possess a working knowledge of CAD software, Solidworks, OnShape experience is preferred.
- Must possess a working knowledge of computers, including MS Word, Excel, and Office Suite programs
- Must have strong organizational skills / demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple projects
- Design for Sheet Metal and CNC is a plus
Salary and Benefits Offered:
- Unlimited PTO
- Relaxed office environment (Software company)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Monthly company events
Job Type: Full-time