MecSoft Corporation, a developer of industry leading CAD/CAM software solutions, has announced the availability of Rhino3DPRINT 2017 and Visual3DPRINT 2017, the latest versions of MecSoft’s 3D printing solution for the Rhinoceros NURBS modeler and MecSoft’s VisualCAD modeler.
The 2017 release is a maintenance release with significant memory usage improvements and performance enhancements. In addition to this numerous bugs reported by customers and detected by internal testing were fixed.
Salient features of these 3D printing products allow users to:
- Create meshes from raw point clouds.
- Stitch meshes to make them water-tight and amenable to 3D printing.
- Perform Boolean set operations on mesh geometry.
- Decimate and smooth meshes for better 3D printing.
- Create support geometry for holding up overhangs when printing.
- Optimize the orientation of mesh geometry in the print volume.
- Create nozzle paths and corresponding G-code for FDM/SLA printers.
MecSoft Corporation is a developer of standalone, as well as integrated CAD/CAM software solutions for both the subtractive (CNC machining) and additive (3D printing) manufacturing industries. Founded in 1997, MecSoft continues to grow while developing, marketing, and supporting our products from our world headquarters in Irvine, CA. With a focus on developing easy, powerful, and affordable CAD/CAM software solutions, our goal is to continue to provide manufacturing professionals with the best price-to-performance CNC and 3D printing software.
We not only provide standalone CAD, CAM and 3D Printing products but also partner with best of breed CAD and design system providers such as SolidWorks, Rhino and 3D Systems to provide state of the art design front end applications for our CAM and 3D Printing products.