ScanTech new product spring launch conference was held at CIMT (China International Machine Tool Show) on April 17, 2019. Many industry experts, partners and press media participated in this event on that day. ScanTech officially released KSCAN 3D scanner with two global initiative technologies: built-in photogrammetry system and dual laser scan mode.
With the development of 3D technologies, 3D scanners have a rapid evolution in working efficiency and portability.
How does the KSCAN 3D scanner come out?
Handheld 3D scanners and structured light 3D scanners are widely applied to industrial 3D measurement. However, handheld 3D scanners can’t scan small objects with high resolution, while the structural light 3D scanner is difficult to effectively scan large workpieces. At present, no portable 3D scanner is able to simultaneously realize the following points:
- Scanning large-scale with high volumetric accuracy (0.035mm/m) just by one machine
- Scanning very small things with high resolution (0.01mm)
- Support contact measurement in certain conditions
ScanTech always focuses on researching and developing handheld 3D scanners since 2011. Based on various onsite demonstrations and customers’ feedback, we have an insight into the demands of 3D measurement in numerous applications. ScanTech experts went through the whole two years to transform the product’s concept into an unprecedented KSCAN 3D scanner. It sets a new trend for handheld 3D scanners. Besides, this new generation 3D scanner fully meets the requirements of industrial measurement with a turnkey solution. Therefore, KSCAN 3D scanner was definitely born for metrology-grade measuring.
KSCAN 3D scanner forms its extraordinary strengths by merging all the functions of non-contact measurement:
- Upgraded performance in accuracy, measurement rate, scan area, depth of field, hardware, assistant parts, user experience, etc.
- Innovative functions in probing and edge detection. Get over with the demerits of traditional 3D scanners for measuring datum hole, hidden point, features, sheet metal, and hole & edge detection of sheet metal.
- Multi-functional 3D software: ScanViewer supports different inspection functions such as pipe measurement, deformation detection and GD&T.
5 Special Functions of KSCAN
1 Volume accuracy up to 0.035mm
The built-in photogrammetry system plays an obvious role in scanning large volumes by increasing 70% of volumetric accuracy.
2 Unparalleled resolution up to 10μm
Global Initiative Dual Laser Scanning Mode
KSCAN global initiative dual laser scan mode can quickly switch to reach different measurement rate and accuracy. KSCAN is as flexible and effective as handheld 3D scanner, and it also keeps the high precision of structured light 3D scanner.
3 Measurement efficiency is extremely enhanced
Efficient scanning process
KSCAN offers unparalleled scanning efficiency with its industrial cameras, ultra-wide scanning area and faster frame rates.